Clearly, diagnosis is a critical aspect of healthcare. However, the ultimate purpose of a diagnosis is the development and application of a series of treatments or protocols. Isolated recognition of a health issue does little to resolve it.
In this module’s Discussion, you applied the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory to diagnose potential problems with the civility of your organization. In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to the development of a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
- Review the Resources and examine the Clark Healthy Workplace Inventory, found on page 20 of Clark (2015).
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template*.
- Reflect on the output of your Discussion post regarding your evaluation of workplace civility and the feedback received from colleagues.
- Select and review one or more of the following articles found in the Resources:
- Clark, Olender, Cardoni, and Kenski (2011)
- Clark (2018)
- Clark (2015)
- Griffin and Clark (2014)
*Template completed in the Week 7 discussion should not be submitted with this assignment.
The Assignment (3-6 pages total):
Part 1: Work Environment Assessment (1-2 pages)
- Review the Work Environment Assessment Template you completed for this Module’s Discussion.
- Describe the results of the Work Environment Assessment you completed on your workplace.
- Identify two things that surprised you about the results and one idea you believed prior to conducting the Assessment that was confirmed.
- Explain what the results of the Assessment suggest about the health and civility of your workplace.
Part 2: Reviewing the Literature (1-2 pages)
- Briefly describe the theory or concept presented in the article(s) you selected.
- Explain how the theory or concept presented in the article(s) relates to the results of your Work Environment Assessment.
- Explain how your organization could apply the theory highlighted in your selected article(s) to improve organizational health and/or create stronger work teams. Be specific and provide examples.
Part 3: Evidence-Based Strategies to Create High-Performance Interprofessional Teams (1–2 pages)
- Recommend at least two strategies, supported in the literature, that can be implemented to address any shortcomings revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
- Recommend at least two strategies that can be implemented to bolster successful practices revealed in your Work Environment Assessment.
Workplace Environment Assessment
Work Environment Assessment
The organization’s success hinges on its team’s leadership, management, and cohesiveness. My Work Environment Assessment revealed the importance of adopting a holistic view of health status in the workplace. This is a summary of the results of our Work Environment Assessment, an evaluation of the accuracy of the results, and an examination of the elements that may have contributed to them.
Work Environment Assessment Results
The results of the Work Environment Assessment I completed on my workplace were highly positive. The assessment focused on five criteria that are important for a healthy workplace; attracting and retaining the best and brightest, providing competitive salaries and benefits, having a reasonable and manageable workload, treating all employees fairly and respectfully, and having a shared vision and mission based on trust, respect, and collegiality. The assessment results revealed that my workplace met all five criteria and scored 88 points, indicating that it is healthy. The fact that all employees are treated fairly and respectfully was particularly encouraging; everyone has learned to treat each other with kindness and respect, and our leaders recognize the importance of a polite and respectful workplace. This is further reinforced by the shared vision and mission based on trust, respect, and collegiality. The assessment also revealed that the organization attracts and retains the best and brightest, provides competitive salaries and benefits, and has a reasonable and manageable workload. These factors, combined with the positive work culture and the shared vision and mission, create a strong sense of cooperation and collaboration between all organization members.
Two surprises and my Idea Before the Assessment
Two things that surprised me about the results of the Work Environment Assessment were the degree to which the organization attracts and retains the best and brightest and the level of respect and civility present in the workplace. I was pleasantly surprised that the organization can attract and retain the best and brightest and provide competitive salaries and benefits. I was also impressed that all employees are treated fairly and respectfully. The idea that I believed before conducting the Assessment that was confirmed is that having a shared vision and mission based on trust, respect, and collegiality is essential for a healthy and civil workplace. This idea was approved by the results of the Assessment, which indicated that the organization has a strong sense of cooperation and collaboration because of the shared vision and mission.
The results of the Assessment suggest that my workplace is in a healthy and civil state. The Assessment revealed that the organization meets all five criteria for a healthy workplace, which is encouraging. It also said that all employees are treated fairly and respectfully and that there is a strong sense of cooperation and collaboration between all members of the organization due to the shared vision and mission based on trust, respect, and collegiality. The fact that the organization can attract and retain the best and brightest and provide competitive salaries and benefits also suggests that the workplace is healthy. Furthermore, the reasonable and manageable workload indicates that employees are well-rested, which benefits their productivity and morale. Overall, the results of the Assessment suggest that my workplace is in a healthy and civil state. The positive work culture, the shared vision and mission, and the competitive salaries and benefits all contribute to the health and civility of the workplace. These factors create a strong sense of collaboration and cooperation, which is essential for any organization to succeed.
Article Theory or Concept
The article by Clark (2015) presents the concept of civility in the workplace. The author defines civility as “treating others with respect, courtesy, and kindness.” Civility is the basis for creating a productive and successful work environment. This article focuses on how to create a civil workplace and how to maintain it. Clark (2015) states that the first step in creating a civil workplace is to focus on relationships. This includes developing trust, respect, and cooperation between employees. The author suggests that
Please click the following button to purchase the full answer. Also, you can purchase customized paper now.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!