Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 17
- Lesson: Read this Week’s Lesson which is located in the Modules tab
- Initial Post: minimum of 2 scholarly sources (must include your textbook for one of the sources). Follow-Up Post: minimum of 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
- Your Initial Post and your Follow-Up Post must be based on the same Option that you chose in order to receive credit for both posts.
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1: The main social insurance programs like Social Security, Medicare, and unemployment compensation are funded by a payroll tax on the earnings of individuals who may receive benefits. Do you think the social insurance programs are effective? How are social insurance programs affected by the socioeconomic and political forces? Explain your answers.
- Option 2: Research government regulations on a particular area of your choice, such as food, drugs, product safety, fracking, environment, etc. Do you think the government regulations go too far? Do you think the government needs to add more regulations? How are lobbyists involved concerning regulations on food and drug safety, and our environment concerning fracking? Explain your answers.
Be sure to make connections between your ideas and conclusions and the research, concepts, terms, and theory we are discussing this week.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to the same Option you chose for your Initial Post (i.e., if you chose Option 1 for your Initial Post, your Follow-Up Pst should also be for Option 1). Respond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. Minimum of 1 scholarly source which can include your textbook or assigned readings or may be from your additional scholarly research.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source) for your Initial Post, and 1 scholarly source for your Follow-Up Post.
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Discussion: Political Science Week 8
Option one Prompt: Social insurance programs like social security, Medicare, and unemployment compensation are funded by a payroll tax on the earnings of individuals who may receive benefits. Do you think social insurance programs are effective? How do socioeconomic and political forces affect social insurance programs? Explain your answers
The government, through the payroll tax, finances social insurance programs such as Medicare, social security, unemployment compensation, and disability insurance. According to Romer et al. (2022), these programs provide citizens benefits based on their contributions and needs. Despite the significance of social insurance programs and their extensive history, I feel that they are not highly effective. In this regard, they are effective only to a certain extent since they do not benefit everyone equally. Social programs are funded by payroll taxes on individuals who may benefit from them. This means that there is a likelihood of contributors or persons whose tax cuts are used to
Please click the following button to purchase the full answer. Also, you can order for customized paper now.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!