The purpose of this assignment is to write a review of the research articles you evaluated in your Topic 5 “Evidence-Based Practice Project: Evaluation of Literature” assignment. If you have been directed by your instructor to select different articles in order to meet the requirements for a literature review or to better support your evidence-based practice project proposal, complete this step prior to writing your review.
A literature review provides a concise comparison of the literature for the reader and explains how the research demonstrates support for your PICOT. You will use the literature review in this assignment in NUR-590, during which you will write a final paper detailing your evidence-based practice project proposal.
In a paper of 1,250-1,500, select eight of the ten articles you evaluated that demonstrate clear support for your evidence-based practice and complete the following for each article:
- Introduction – Describe the clinical issue or problem you are addressing. Present your PICOT statement.
- Search methods – Describe your search strategy and the criteria that you used in choosing and searching for your articles.
- Synthesis of the literature – For each article, write a paragraph discussing the main components (subjects, methods, key findings) and provide rationale for how the article supports your PICOT.
- Comparison of articles – Compare the articles (similarities and differences, themes, methods, conclusions, limitations, controversies).
- Suggestions for future research: Based on your analysis of the literature, discuss identified gaps and which areas require further research.
- Conclusion – Provide a summary statement of what you found in the literature.
- Complete the “APA Writing Checklist” to ensure that your paper adheres to APA style and formatting criteria and general guidelines for academic writing. Include the completed checklist as an appendix at the end of your paper.
Refer to the “Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal – Assignment Overview” document for an overview of the evidence-based practice project proposal assignments.
You are required to cite eight peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Date of submission
Among elderly patients in a nursing home setting (P), does the implementation of personalized exercise programs (I) compared to no personalized exercise programs (C) result in a significant reduction in the incidence of falls (O) over 6 months (T)?
Falls are a common and fatal hospital care consequence, especially in geriatric patients. Falls contribute significantly to injury-related morbidity and mortality globally. According to Di Lorito et al. (2021), the global population is aging, and the trend is likely to increase even in the future. For this reason, it is essential to determine effective strategies to promote healthy aging among the aging population. Falls are among the barriers to healthy aging, and according to Pitchai et al. (2019), falls contribute to the highest percentage of hospitalizations among the elderly. Furthermore, the problem of falls contributes to a high cost of healthcare, having the public pay dearly for these costs.
The independence and quality of life of older persons are seriously threatened by falls since they are predictors of long-term admissions to nursing homes for additional care (Zhang et al., 2020). Also, fall-related complications increase the chances of extra hospitalization time. However, falls are not an inevitable outcome of aging. Several interventions that are
Please click the following button to purchase full answer. Also, you can purchase customized paper now.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!