- Singleton_McCleod-Sordjan – EBP from a Public Health Perspective Ch5 Singleton_McCleod-Sordjan – EBP from a Public Health Perspective Ch5 – Alternative Formats (MO 1)
- McFarland (2011). Epidemiology, Demography, and community health Ch3 McFarland (2011). Epidemiology, Demography, and community health Ch3 – Alternative Formats (MO 1)
- Healthy People NJ 2030 (MO 2)
- US Preventive Services Task Force (MO 1,2)
- NJSHAD –(MO 1)
- Healthy People 2020 – Determinants of Health – Video (MO 2)
- NPA_Toolkit on Health Disparities.pdf NPA_Toolkit on Health Disparities.pdf – Alternative Formats (MO 1,2)
Healthy People 2020 Final Review (MO 1,2)
Case Study/Policy Paper
Case Study/Policy Paper
Module 3 directed response forum would have three components in part a (part B is your response to a peer). Please choose and state a focus area or objective from either Healthy People 2020/2030 or Healthy People (HP) New Jersey 2020. Alternatively, you may wish to choose a New Jersey State Health Assessment Data (NJSHAD) Health Indicator. Based on that choice, please respond to the following:
The selected health indicator from the New Jersey State Health Assessment Data (NJSHAD) is violence and homicide. Ideally, homicide is a subset of violence as it is death resulting from intentionally using force on another person, community, or group. The NJSHAD focuses on violence and homicide as significant public health concerns in the United States, as they are the third leading cause of death, especially among the youth. According to NJSHAD (2020), violence is the second leading cause of death among persons aged 25 – 29 and the third leading cause of death among people aged 15 and 24 in New Jersey. In New Jersey, deaths from homicide often vary based on people’s racial composition. For example, between 2016 and 2018, African Americans had high homicide rates, followed by Hispanics (NJSHAD, 2020). In this regard, African American males aged between 15 and 19 are at the highest risk of homicide.
A1. Please discuss what you feel to be the determinants of health most relevant to this health concern. You should strive here to include points supported by analytical epidemiological data, but you may also include hypotheses
Considering the health concern of violence and homicides, social determinants of health can be determined by
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!