Assignment: Evidence-Based Project, Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
The collection of evidence is an activity that occurs with an endgame in mind. For example, law enforcement professionals collect evidence to support a decision to charge those accused of criminal activity. Similarly, evidence-based healthcare practitioners collect evidence to support decisions in pursuit of specific healthcare outcomes.
In this Assignment, you will identify an issue or opportunity for change within your healthcare organization and propose an idea for a change in practice supported by an EBP approach.
Reflect on the four peer-reviewed articles you critically appraised in Module 4, related to your clinical topic of interest and PICOT. (You did this task )
Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change, using your topic of interest and PICOT as the basis for your reflection.
Consider the best method of disseminating the results of your presentation to an audience.
The Assignment: (Evidence-Based Project) Instructions
Part 4: Recommending an Evidence-Based Practice Change
Create an 8- to 9-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
1. Briefly describe your healthcare organization, including its culture and readiness for change. (You may opt to keep various elements of this anonymous, such as your company name.)
2. Describe the current problem or opportunity for change. Include in this description the circumstances surrounding the need for change, the scope of the issue, the stakeholders involved, and the risks associated with change implementation in general.
3. Propose an evidence-based idea for a change in practice using an EBP approach to decision making. Note that you may find further research needs to be conducted if sufficient evidence is not discovered.
5. Explain how you would disseminate the results of your project to an audience.
6. Describe the measurable outcomes you hope to achieve with the implementation of this evidence-based change.
Be sure to provide APA citations of the supporting evidence-based peer-reviewed articles you selected to support your thinking.
Add a lessons learned section that includes the following:
1. A summary of the critical appraisal of the peer-reviewed articles you previously submitted
2. An explanation about what you learned from completing the Evaluation Table within the Critical Appraisal Tool Worksheet Template (1-3 slides)
My healthcare organization strives to provide quality services such as:
Treatment and recovery of patients
As a result of technological advancements, change in disease patterns, political reforms, and new discoveries in disease treatment, our organization is constantly changing.
Every individual is the organization embraces the change.
Diabetes is a major chronic condition among the elderly patients.
Associated complications are also the leading cause of morbidity and mortality (WHO, 2021).
Although the disease can be self managed, it is challenging to the geriatric population.
There is therefore need to
Please click the following link to purchase the full answer. Also, you can order customized paper now.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!