Discussion: Developing a Culture of Evidence-Based Practice
As your EBP skills grow, you may be called upon to share your expertise with others. While EBP practice is often conducted with unique outcomes in mind, EBP practitioners who share their results can both add to the general body of knowledge and serve as an advocate for the application of EBP.
In this Discussion, you will explore strategies for disseminating EBP within your organization, community, or industry.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the various strategies presented throughout the course that may be helpful in disseminating effective and widely cited EBP.
- This may include: unit-level or organizational-level presentations, poster presentations, and podium presentations at organizational, local, regional, state, and national levels, as well as publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Reflect on which type of dissemination strategy you might use to communicate EBP.
By Day 3 of Week 9
Post at least two dissemination strategies you would be most inclined to use and explain why. Explain which dissemination strategies you would be least inclined to use and explain why. Identify at least two barriers you might encounter when using the dissemination strategies you are most inclined to use. Be specific and provide examples. Explain how you might overcome the barriers you identified.
Breakdown your paragraphs like this:
- Explain Two Dissemination Strategies You Would Be Most Inclined to Use
– Explain why
- Explain which dissemination strategies you would be least inclined to use
- Identify at least two barriers you might encounter when using the dissemination strategies, you are most inclined to use
– Be specific and provide examples
- Explain how you might overcome the barriers you identified
Dissemination Strategies are Most Inclined to Use
Despite the increased movements in the utilization of evidence-based research, it is also shown that research does not extend swiftly into clinical practices. Researchers may take long periods for researchers to implement clinical practices that will benefit patient outcomes. Therefore, information may be disseminated in several ways when the research penetrates clinical practices. The poster presentation is an essential strategy for disseminating information (Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt, 2018). The presenter is expected to be next to the poster, giving the audience a clear view of the available information and asking any questions regarding the evidence-based practice. The presenter should also have handouts to give the audience since the poster may not have all the needed information. Therefore, handouts and poster presentation will go a long way in supporting the evidence and increase audience excitement for the new practice being developed.
Nurse-team meetings are another way of disseminating evidence-based information. The meetings are conducted in the hospital setting. The nurse-team meeting is essential as they reach many individuals from different groups at once (Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt, 2018). The information is usually provided during shift changes. The nurse manager presents the information and provides
Please click the following button to purchase the full answer. Also, you can order customized paper now.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!